This past weekend was the first weekend in a while where we didn’t have firm plans, and it felt so refreshing to do as we please. We went to our nephews baseball game early Saturday morning, had a date night at the beach, went to the mall (where we used to have so many “dates” as teenagers), and went to an early movie on Sunday evening. Now that it’s the unofficial start of summer, I made a little to-do list for the summer to inspire myself to enjoy more unplanned moments and to appreciate the nostalgia of Summer vacation.
- Take a day trip to Connecticut to tour the Glass House by Philip Johnson. I never realize it was only an hour and a half away!
- Enjoy date nights at the boardwalk. (We went this past weekend, but I want to go more often to support those effected by Superstorm Sandy. It was scary to think we almost lost a nostalgic landmark where most NJ residents spent their Summers as kids.)
- Grill at least once a week. I often grill, but I want to try more grilling recipes that are more sophisticated than just burgers and hot dogs. If you follow me on Pinterest, you may notice I’ve been pinning more recipes here.
- Visit the Rain Room at MoMA
- Camp at at least two new campsites. We probably camp about once every three weeks or so, but we always go to the same site which my brother-in-law affectionately calls our “vacation home”. I think it’s time to experience new places.
- Bike the trail in New Hope, PA. We’ve been meaning to fix our bikes, but our tires have been flat for two years. Whoops!
- Take a photography class. (Ryan and I both signed up for a class for the end of June. I’m looking forward to learning new techniques so I can properly shoot my interior spaces.)
- Hike and kayak more. I hate exercising, but hiking and kayaking are actually activities I enjoy.
- Visit the NYC flea markets. My favorites are Hell’s Kitchen and the Garage.
- Visit Lambertville, NJ flea market. I’ve never been there before, but I’ve heard great things!
- Go to the beach more. Last year I only went once, and it ended up raining!
- Read more before bed. Now that all my favorite TV shows are finished for the season, why not curl up with a good book?! I just finished Gone Girl and don’t know what to read next because I loved it so much. Any suggestions?