This weekend, I made one of the ultimate comfort foods perfect for breakfast or a midnight snack (both of which I enjoyed). This sweet recipe is so moist you’ll need to lick the warm bread off your fingers!
• 2 cups unbleached flower
• ¾ tsp baking soda
• ¾ cups sugar
• ½ tsp salt
• 4 ripe bananas (Best to use really ripe, brown bananas. Can freeze and use when needed)
• ¼ plain or vanilla yogurt
• 2 large eggs beaten lightly
• ¾ stick unsalted butter (at room temperature)
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Adjust oven rack to middle. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease sides of loaf pan with unsalted butter.
- Whisk flower, sugar, baking soda, salt in large bowl and set aside.
- Mixed mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla with wooden spoon in medium size bowl. Lightly fold banana mixture into the dry ingredients with rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick. Scrape batter into pan.
- Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean (about 55 minutes). Cool on wire cooling rack.